Training and Certification Coordinator
$30,000 – $35,000
Health + Dental Insurance
4 Weeks Paid Time Off
Lots of Puppy Contact
The Good Dog Foundation’s mission is to ease human suffering and promote recovery from trauma and stress using animal-assisted therapy. We train, certify, and field therapy teams comprised of therapy dogs and their handlers who work in healthcare, social service, education, and community facilities in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, and Massachusetts in addition to providing disaster response to sites around the country.
If you have experience in a volunteer office of a nonprofit organization, have proficiency using and maintaining databases, and possess the self-discipline to work efficiently and independently we want you to apply! Attention to detail and excellent customer service is critical. We need someone who is personable, professional, and pleasant to engage with, as well as being flexible, detail oriented, a self-starter, and able to readily identify solutions to challenges.
You will report to our Director of Programs & Training and work closely with our Visit Coordinator and Manager of Community Engagement.
- Coordination of classes
- You’ll working with the Director of Programs & Training to put a training schedule in place
- You’ll register volunteers for classes/and check payment with Director of Administration
- You’ll corresponding with volunteers about class scheduling and payment
- You’ll process re-certifications/ check payments with Director of Administration
- You’ll performing regular email outreach to existing and potential volunteers to promote class registration and re-certification
- Database Maintenance
- You’ll maintain our database with updated volunteer information
- Volunteer ID Badges/Mailings
- You’ll collect and process the volunteer info necessary to make ID Badges and mail those badges to the appropriate volunteer
- Electronic processing of pre-screen applications
- Maintaining email account communications and faxes
- Customer Service
- You’ll provide professional and timely support for volunteers contacting the office with training/evaluation/re-certification questions and requests
- General Support
- As a member of the Good Dog team, you’ll also pitch in to help with any unforeseen events as required on a day-to-day basis.
- Experience providing administration and volunteer support in a customer support capacity, preferably in a public service organization
- Ability to use and maintain donor and volunteer databases
- Superior organizational and time-management skills
- A positive, can-do attitude
- Excellent customer service instincts
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Airtable, Formsite, Google Docs, PowerPoint and Outlook; social media sites; the Internet; and typing required.
- One to three years’ experience working in a public service organization is preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of Salesforce database
- Interest in nonprofit organizations and animal-assisted therapy
Please check back periodically for Good Dog job openings.