Onboarding Operations Coordinator
To provide a consistently welcoming, informative, well-managed experience for those seeking Good Dog training and certification.
This position stays connected with Good Dog teams through their life cycle, shepherding them from initial inquiry and application to taking class, annual recertification, and retirement. The position reports to the Director of Training and collaborates with all staff and with tech support, marketing, events and other consultants, as needed.
- Serve as the chief point of contact for those seeking therapy dog team training, evaluation and re-certification, providing timely, cordial, clear responses for questions and concerns. Note: A therapy dog team consists of a pet dog and its human family member or handler.
- Work with the Director of Training to coordinate the scheduling of classes for:
- Volunteers – who donate time with their dog
- Professionals – who use a dog in their work practice
- NYC Dept. of Ed. Comfort Dog Program
- Good Dog Prep School (Zoom-based prep course)
- Manage the class registration process
- Track class attendance based on trainer reports
- Collect, record and process appropriate volunteer information (forms, photos, veterinary reports, vaccination documentation, etc.)
- Collect, record and properly process all payments for evaluations, enrollments, re-certification and accompanying donations; provide timely email or hard mail acknowledgments
- Accurately maintain / update records of above activities in Good Dog’s Salesforce database platform and associated applications (Formsite, Airtable, G Suite)
- Liaise with outside vendors to procure volunteer inventory – badges, bandanas, manuals, therapy dog descriptive cards (“trading cards”), etc.
- Expeditiously assemble and mail supplies and items needed by trainers and volunteers
- Assist in gathering Volunteer and Professional Team anecdotal feedback on therapy dog work with specific populations or facilities; share this information with Good Dog team members for use internally or, as appropriate, in social media, news media, marketing campaigns and corporate partnership activation
- Be vigilant for ways to improve / enhance the overall training and certification experience and associated policies, procedures and forms; make suggestions directly to the Director of Training, subject to the Director’s guidance and determination
- Support the Director of Training in the planning and execution of outreach aimed at assuring a robust, growing flow of applications for training (volunteer, professional, Prep School); this includes, but is not limited to, outreach to veterinary offices, professional associations (therapists), etc.
- Work collaboratively with the Director of Training and Director of Community Engagement as well as other Good Dog staff to optimize the post-graduation experience, especially for Volunteers
- Assist and participate in the preparation and implementation of major Good Dog events, including fundraisers like the annual spring Gala, Halloween Bash and Good Dog’s annual appeal “calendar” campaign
- Assist with thank you letters to those who donate
- As needed, serve on committees convened by the President or the Executive Vice President to develop and support new programs and revenue generating initiatives
- Essential: Outstanding people communications skills; excellent organization and data management skills
- Preferred: Working knowledge of Salesforce and/or Salesforce Community; college degree (or working toward one)
- Desirable: Prior onboarding or equivalent experience
How to Apply
Please, no calls. Submit your resume and cover letter for consideration to: email@example.com
Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed. Please include why you’d like to work in animal-assisted therapy.
Job Type: Part-time – 30 hours per week – flexible hours
Location: Work from home – although we are looking to hire a candidate within the greater metro NY area
Work authorization: United States
- Partial Health insurance
- Paid time off
This job Is ideal for someone who is: