Start Date: Immediate
The Good Dog Foundation seeks a Visit Coordinator to implement its animal-assisted therapy services. Headquartered in Manhattan, The Good Dog Foundation provides therapy dog services to people in need in health care, social service, educational, and community facilities in four states and at disaster sites around the country.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the optimal candidate for the position has administrative experience in a volunteer office of a nonprofit organization and has experience providing high quality volunteer management services to a diverse volunteer base. The individual has the self-discipline to work efficiently and independently. Attention to detail and excellent customer service is critical. Must have experience working with a database; proficiency in Salesforce a plus. The right candidate is creative, flexible, detail oriented, a self-starter, and readily identifies solutions to challenges. He/she is personable, professional, and pleasant to work with.
Compensation package includes a salary in the mid 30’s, three weeks’ vacation, employer-funded health insurance, and an excellent work environment. 40 work hours per week.
The Visit Coordinator will:
- Provide Visit Coordination services to certified therapy dog teams
- Manage current partner facilities’ therapy dog programs
- Manage online volunteer/facility portal
- Assist Executive Director and Executive Trainer in the design and implementation of new therapy dog programs
- Develop, promote, and maintain a wide range of volunteer opportunities within the organization
- Serve as a primary manager of the Salesforce.com database, including the creation of reports and further customization of existing database
- Provide professional and timely support, in conjunction with the Volunteer Coordinator and Program and Development Coordinator, for facilities and volunteers contacting the office with certification and visit requests
- Assist and support in the planning and execution of volunteer and development events and volunteer support groups/gatherings
- As member of the office team, general office support as required on a day to day basis
Required: Bachelor’s degree. Previous use of a database. Experience providing administration and volunteer support in a customer support capacity, preferably in a public service organization. Superior organizational and time-management skills, a positive, can-do attitude, and excellent customer service instincts. Proficiency with Salesforce.com, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; social media sites; the Internet; and typing required. Must be able to produce top-quality work with attention to detail.
Preferred: One to three years’ experience working in volunteer management. Interest in nonprofit organizations and animal-assisted therapy.
To apply: Submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted; please do not send unsolicited references. NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.
The Good Dog Foundation is looking to hire a dog trainer as an independent contractor in Brooklyn, Queens, and Nassau County to train and certify Good Dog’s animal-assisted therapy teams.
This is a wonderful way to:
- Expand your skill set
- Impact hundreds of therapy teams and the thousands of patients they serve
- Work with dedicated staff and volunteers committed to the mission of advancing animal-assisted therapy
- Supplement your income
Therapy classes are normally scheduled for nights and weekends, but scheduling is flexible. It shouldn’t conflict with other training obligations or private clients, and we can work with your schedule.
Job Description: In addition to being able to teach basic manners, the trainer must also be able to identify animals suited to therapy work and teach commands and techniques appropriate to the therapy field. Animal therapy teams are trained specifically for jobs that include working in hospitals, reading programs, with students with developmental disabilities, hospice care, etc. The trainer must be able to use positive methods to instruct our policies and procedures necessary for therapy dog certification.
Skills: Good communication, strong animal handling skills and ability to read animal body language, a love for working with animals and their guardians, patience, the ability to adapt quickly and make decisions.
Education and Training Needed: Only humane training methods are allowed and trainers are required to complete 300 hours of training experience, provide references, and maintain continuing education coursework. APDT/CPDT preferred.
Other: A car is preferred
Please email your resume and letter of interest to email@example.com.
There are no internship opportunities available at this time.