Ever wonder if you and your dog have what it takes to be a super-healing therapy dog team? The Good Dog Foundation, nationally recognized as the nonprofit leader in therapy- dog team training and fielding, has created a NEW online course:
This course is designed to put you and your dog on the right path for ultimate training and certification as a volunteer or professional Therapy Dog Team. While dogs and their human handlers must, first and foremost, have the right temperament for therapy dog teamwork, training is needed to prepare you for the high standards you must demonstrate to undertake a Therapy Dog Certification or Registration Program.
Good Dog Prep School gives your dog needed training in:
• Staying focused on its human handler around distractions, including other dogs
• Slow desensitization (versus flooding) to medical equipment, people with unfamiliar attire and body language, or sounds encountered on therapy visits
• Proper, polite introductions to strangers
• Mastering basic obedience cues required to pass therapy dog Certification program evaluations
Of course, it’s not all about your dog. Good Dog Prep School introduces you to what’s required, as a human handler, to work as a team member with your pet.
Classes are given via Zoom once a week for four weeks. Class size is limited to six human-canine teams, so personal attention can be provided.
Registration is $125. A diploma is provided following successful completion of the classwork.
Wednesday, July 1, 8, 15, 22 – 530-630pm – FULL
Wednesday, July 1, 8, 15, 22 – 645-745pm – FULL
Tuesday, July 7, 14, 21, 28 – 530-630pm – FULL
Tuesday, July 7, 14, 21, 28 – 645-745pm – FULL
Thursday, July 16, 23, 30, August 6 – 530-630pm
You must notify Good Dog you are canceling at least 48 hours before the 1st class start-time for a full refund. Cancellations after that will be limited to a 50% refund.
The power dogs have to help heal human suffering has never been needed more than now!
• No minimum age requirement for dog or human. Children under 17 years of age must be with an adult.
• Family members can participate as a group at no extra cost (up to 4 plus the dog). If you want to enroll more than one dog, then there is an extra charge per dog of $95.
• Classes will be one hour per week for four consecutive weeks.
• Missed classes can be made up in a later round, as space is available.
• This is a prep course. Attendance does not guarantee acceptance into a Certified therapy dog team training program.
REGISTER NOW – GOOD DOG PREP SCHOOL
Please complete the form HERE and make your payment. You will receive confirmation via email with your upcoming class schedule.
For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org